Thursday, February 23, 2017

If your Parish Priest uses Cushingism please correct him

Sacerdote, Umano, Uomo, GiovaniYou've heard of being saved in invincible ignorance(I.I) and the baptism of desire(BOD)  and the case of Fr. Leonard  Feeney with reference to the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus (EENS).
BOD and I.I were considered exceptions to the dogma EENS and this was approved by the Archbishop of Boston and the 1949 magisterium in Rome.
Now if BOD and I.I were explicit then they would be exceptions.If there was a personally known case of someone saved without the baptism of water in the Catholic Church then of course this is an exception.
But what if the BOD and I.I were invisible cases? What if there was no personally known case ?
If it did happen then it would be known to God and unknown to us human beings.
What if this is true? There are no known BOD and I.I cases in our reality.
Sacerdote, Europa, Medievale, Di Pietra
Then the entire theology of Vatican Council II changes.
We are back to exclusivist salvation in the Church. We are back to the past ecclesiocenterism on ecumenism, all need to be incorporated into the Church as members for salvation, the Eucharist indicates outside the Church there is no salvation,traditional mission based on Hell and the last four things,Social Reign of Christ the King based on EENS...
When it is assumed that BOD and I.I are physically visible in the present times, I call it Cushingism.
When we assume that the BOD and I.I are not physically visible, I call it Feeneyism.
These are two differenct theologies.
So if your Parish Priest uses Cushingism please correct him.
Cushingism is irrational, non traditional and heretical.It uses a false premise to create a non traditional conclusion.
Feeneyism is rational.We cannot see people in Heaven. We cannot physically see people saved with or without the baptism of water.So we cannot infer that there is a concrete exception to the dogma EENS.There is none on earth.
The saints and the founders of religious communities were Feeneyites.
If the bishops, cardinals and popes are Cushingites correct them.
This is not just a theoretical or academic issue.
If  the BOD and I.I are not exceptions to the dogma EENS ( and they are not) then Vatican Council II does not contradict Tradition.It does not contradict EENS, the Syllabus of Errors, the past ecclesiocenterism etc.Since Vatican Council II does not mention any visible for us exceptions.LG 16, LG 8, UR 3, NA 2 refer to invisible and hypothetical cases only.
-Lionel Andrades

No comments: