Saturday, August 15, 2015

When will Pope Francis allow the Traditional Latin Mass at the Franciscans of the Immaculate churches in Rome?

dedicazione
About three years back I would attend the Traditional Latin Mass at the church Santa Maria di Nazareth in Boccea, Rome.At this church the Latin and Novus Ordo Mass were offered by priests of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate. The community is founded by Fr.Stefano Manelli F.I a good and holy priest, still kept in isolation, 'incommunicado'.
There is a new church built in the old premises of Santa Maria di Nazareth and recently the bishop was there for the dedication ceremony. The  old church is still there behind the central building, which was the former philosophy seminary, which Pope Francis abruptly closed.Fr.Settimo Maria Manelli F.I was the young Rector and Parish Priest at that time.
Today morning I went for Mass there.
The Parish Priest is Fr.Giuseppe Giorni F.I and the Assistant Parish Priest ( and Superior of the Friars) is Fr.John Francesco F.I, both good priests with the old spirituality of the Franciscan community.
I am once again living at Casalotti, Boccea and this time there is no Traditional Latin Mass. I would have to take a bus to attend the Traditional Latin Mass on Sundays, in central Rome, since there are none in Boccea.
The Latin Mass at Santa Maria di Nazareth was abruptly stopped for many parishioners at Casalotti.The priests were available but permission was not given by the Vatican.
There were reports of the Franciscans of the Immaculate founder  and many priests  not accepting the new ecclesiology.This was symbolized for many, with the Traditional Latin Mass.Crypto Lefebvrists!-they were called.
For me -the Franciscans of the Immaculate, men and women religous, were really not accepting Vatican Council II with the Pius XII Error.So what? Neither do I interpret the Council with the dead-saved are visible on earth premise.
I don't know how Fr.Giuseppe and Fr.John Francesco interpret Vatican Council II. I have not asked them and will not ask them. They pray for the founders of the community and I am sure they must want a reconciliation among all.
I have seen the Secretary General of the F.I a few times.I have not asked him any question on ecclesiology.Neither do I intend to do so in the future.
 Why should I? For me ecclesiology is clear. It's rational, traditional, non-heretical and post Conciliar.
I affirm being saved in invincible ignorance(I.I), the baptism of desire (BOD) and the baptism of blood(BOD).For me they are always implicit and hypothetical.They are theoretical cases which cannot be explicit for us humans in 2015.
Since they are objectively not seen they are not in conflict with the Feeneyite version of extra ecclesiam nulla salus(EENS).Zero cases of something cannot be exceptions to EENS, as John Martignoni put it.
For the Vatican these cases are explicit in 2015 and so are exceptions to EENS. This is politically correct with the Left.
So for me these theoretical, invisible cases of BOD, BOB and I.I  will be followed by the baptism of water( this is dogmatic).In Heaven there are only Catholics.They are there with Catholic Faith and the baptism of water; with 'faith and baptism'(AG 7).
It is with this exclusivist ecclesiology, based on Vatican Council II and EENS, I attend Holy Mass at Santa Maria di Nazareth and other churches in Rome. If I attend Mass in Italian or Latin, my ecclesiology would still be the same( AG 7,LG 14,CCC 1257,845, Dominus Iesus 20, Redemptoris Missio 55,Cantate Domino, Council of Florence on extra ecclesiam nulla salus ).
My ecclesiology is in agreement with the saints and popes of the past and is supported by the text of Vatican Council II. 
This may not be acceptable to some F.I priests who interpret Vatican Council II with the Pius XII Error.So Vatican Council II becomes a break with the saints and the popes.I avoid the Pius XII/Holy Office 1949 premise and inference.
I have cited magisterial documents including Vatican Council II to support my traditional view. Ecclesiology does not depend on the liturgy.My ecclesiology is exclusivist based on Vatican Council II ( AG 7,LG 14). LG 16,LG 8, NA 2, UR 3 refer to theoretical cases for me. They are possibilities  only. So they are not exceptions to AG 7 and LG 14 which say all need faith and baptism for salvation. The dead, now in Heaven (saved in invincible ignorance(LG 16) etc) cannot be exceptions on earth to EENs.So in Boccea, Rome and the rest of the world this month, every one needs to be a  formal member of the Church ( with faith and baptism) to go to Heaven and avoid Hell and there are no exceptions.
So, there can be no known exception mentioned in Vatican Council II or any Catechism( Baltimore, Pius X etc) to all needing to convert into the Catholic Church; all needing to have their names on the Parish Baptism Register.
Vatican Council II is traditional and Feeneyite for me. Ecclesiology is always traditional. There cannot be a new ecclesiology or theology based on being able to see invisible cases, who are allegedly exceptions to EENS and evidence of salvation outside the Church. For me Vatican Council II is not ambigous. Ambiguity comes with the Pius XII Error.
So ecclesiology should not be a reason for depriving us , lay people, of the Traditional Latin Mass at F.I churches in Rome.
-Lionel Andrades
Feast of the Assumption


http://www.smnazaret.it/

https://www.facebook.com/smnazaret/photos/a.1618009668479875.1073741847.1545383279075848/1619122371701938/?type=3&theater


https://www.facebook.com/smnazaret/photos/ms.c.eJxFzdkNwDAIA9CNKmzCtf9iVUlKfp98wFEgciEEVXhwQE3UlHYh1dMtDxDSFbcBbFgD~;DZY~;gPRkDHArpgO7BfMi0Yn9EJuiBehTyVU.bps.a.1618009668479875.1073741847.1545383279075848/1619121838368658/?type=1&theater

No comments: