Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The baptism of desire cannot be an exception to the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus, in the sense, that these cases are not humanly visible on earth

Brother Andre Marie MICM:
This is my last posting here. You replied to my previous comment with these words, "This is your theological principle based on your alleged ability to see the dead who are exceptions."

This is a deplorable misrepresentation of my position, that of Father Feeney, and of Saint Benedict Center.

Lionel:
Dear Brother Andre Marie,
On your website I asked you if Lumen Gentium 16 is an exception to the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus or is it not?
You did not answer.
If you are saying that LG 16 is an exception then you imply that you know of a person/persons saved in invincible ignorance ( with or without the baptism of water). There would have to be persons known to you as such.Otherwise how could there be exceptions ?
These people saved in invincible ignorance or the baptism of desire would be in Heaven. So how could they be exceptions? Unless you can see the dead on earth.

_____________________

Secondly I provided you two links in which the apologist John Martigioni says zero cases of something cannot be exceptions.
You would not comment.

I quoted John Martigioni saying that the baptism of desire cannot be an exception to the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus, in the sense, that these cases are not humanly visible on earth.
You would not comment.

________________________

Brother Andre Marie MICM:
It is one thing to advance your own position (with which I disagree). It is quite another to set up a straw man in the person you are attempting to refute.

I ask that, in the future, you refrain from attributing to me any position unless you can cite my actual words on the subject.


Lionel:
Please clarify the issue on your blog where you have prevented me from commenting.I will quote you here.
1) What is your position on Lumen Gentium 16 with respective to extra ecclesiam nulla salus? Does Vatican Council II contradict the dogma according to Fr.Leonard Feeney?
2) What is your position on the statement of the apologist John Martigioni?
3) How would you answer the two questions I asked you?
-Lionel Andrades
 
 
Comments from
This is not theology

No comments: