There are four important points to keep in mind when interpreting Vatican Council II.
1) There can be two interpretations of the text of Vatican Council II, one is rational and the other is irrational. It depends on the use of an irrational premise,
2) We do not know any one in the present times (2013) saved in invincible ignorance or the baptism of desire.We cannot name any such case or meet such a person who is now in Heaven.
3) There is no magisterial document which states that those saved in invinicble ignorance and the baptism of desire are explicit for us or that there are known exceptions to the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
4). Vatican Council II (AG 7,LG 14) affirm the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus.AG 7 is mentioned in the Catechism of the Catholic Church (846) under the sub title Outside the Church No Salvation.
1. When Cardinal Walter Kaspar and Bishop Athanasius Schneider say that Vatican Council II is 'ambigous' it is because they are using the irrational interpretation with the false premise.
2. They do not know any such case saved in 2013.They cannot name any such case or meet someone on the street now saved in Heaven.
3. Neither can they cite any magisterial text which states that these cases are known to us in the present times or that they are exceptions to the dogma extra ecclesiam nulla salus.
4. Vatican Council II is in areement with the traditional teaching on other religions and Christian communities and churches.Vatican Council II is traditional.
Official and Un-official teaching of the Catholic Church:Congregation for Institutes of Religious Life and Societies of Apostolic Life ,Vatican is useing the unoffical, irrational one
Fr.John Zuhlsdorf mixes up the official and unofficial teaching on Vatican Council II
THERE ARE TWO INTERPRETATIONS OF VATICAN COUNCIL II IN FORCE BUT THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE RATIONAL ONE
OFFICIAL TEACHING OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS THIS : ACCORDING TO MAGISTERIAL TEXTS ONLY
'This is the teaching of the Church'
Three Questions for Guido Pozzo